Microsoft has announced that as of the 10th of September 2019, the Dynamics 365 legacy web client is officially deprecated and that we have until the 1st of October 2020 to completely transition over to the Unified Interface. Microsoft will continue to support the legacy web client until the deadline. After that, the legacy web client will no longer be available.
Along with the legacy web client, Process Dialogs and Task Flows have also been deprecated and will be no longer available from October 2020.
Because it’s better. Plain and simple. Unified interface boasts better mobile support, improve performance, better navigation and productivity enhancements.
Where to from here?
In a partner alert, Microsoft has suggested the following timelines to ensure you are ready to switch over to the Unified Interface.
- November 2019: Complete initial tests of the Unified Interface to ensure your teams can evaluate and plan their efforts accordingly.
- December 2019: Ensure that you and your customers are comfortable with the Unified Interface.
- April 2020: The goal date to be live with the Unified Interface in production.
- October 2020: legacy web client, process dialogs and task flows will no longer be accessible.
Here are a few resources you can consume to make the transition to Unified Interface smoother:
- Introduction to Unified Interface on Microsoft Dynamics 365
- Learn more about the Unified Interface
- Unified Interface Community
- Unified Interface Playbook
- Quick start for using an existing environment to validate your legacy web client app with the Unified Interface
- Quick start for transitioning your Dynamics 365 for Customer Engagement apps web client application to Unified Interface
- Approaching a User Experience & Unified Interface Transition whitepaper